Friday, July 17, 2009

Sad are the people..



Sad are the people who download 8GB games and delete them afterwards..

I just downloaded an HDD (which is illegal) copy of IIDX16: Empress.. An 8 GB file. Considering how fucking slow my internet is, it took
me a week to complete the download..

this screenshot was taken 3 days before I finished downloading the whole thing..


Before I get on with this stuff, lemme tell you a couple of "Torrenting techniques" I came up with.

1. Hibernate mode.

My sister comes home late.. My PC curfew (yes.. I have one.. Sucks, right?) is no later than 9pm. So it's PC Off by that time.. I set my pc on hibernate while my torrent is running. That way, when my sister logs in using HER account, my account stays logged in so my download continues :3

2. Teamviewer mode.

There are a couple of dead hours here at home. Dead hours are when no one's home.
I run teamviewer and leave my pc to download stuff. Well, I value my life, so I can't leave it on (well I can. But I can't let them know) With teamviewer, I have full shutdown/standby control over my pc even when I'm at school. Pretty clever, huh?



With all that shit being said, let's go back to the idea.

So when my Empress download reached 95%, a thought came to me.

"will my crappy pc handle this?"

My pc's Specs. General tab:



Video Tab:


Full Image here: http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/23/vid.jpg

I mean, srsly. Are there any "vintage pc contests" out there?



Then the big day came..

99.8%. I was like waiting for a watched kettle to boil. Not a single KB was transfered without my eyes burning its transfer rate.

And alas..

It didn't work..

So 1week worth of download went straight to the recycle bin.. Now demonoid's going to effing hit me for leeching. =.=